Frame Structure in 5G

In 5G, Radio frame and subframe duration is same as 4G i.e. 10ms and 1ms respectively. The symbol duration and slot duration vary according to the subcarrier spacing so the number of slots per radio frame and slots per subframe also vary according to the subcarrier spacing

The range of numerologies allows 5G to support diverse deployment scenarios and diverse end-user applications, i.e. the subcarrier spacing can be selected to suit the deployment scenario and the end-user application requirements:The range of numerologies allows 5G to support diverse deployment scenarios and diverse end-user applications, i.e. the subcarrier
spacing can be selected to suit the deployment scenario and the end-user application requirements:

3GPP has specified that subcarrier spacing of 15, 30 and 60 kHz can be applied lo Frequency Range 1 (450 MHz to 6 Gl-17), while subcarrier spacing of 60, 120 and 240 kHz can be applied to Frequency Range 2 (24.25 GHz to 52.60 GHz). The subcarrier spacing of 240 kz is only applicable to the transmission of Synchronization Signal/ PACH Blocks. It cannot be used to transfer application data.

Below table shows the key characteristics belonging to each numerology when using the normal cyclic prefix. The 5G slot duration and the 5G symbol duration depend upon the numerology so the number of slots per subframe and the number of symbols per subframe also depends upon the numerology. The number of symbols per slot is always 14 when using the normal cyclic prefix and is always 12 when using the extended cyclic prefix.